Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I had a dream

I had a wonderful invitation this morning from my very clever friend Miss Christina.....
I hope it makes you laugh too.



Miss Christina writes ~

Dearest JoAnna,
I had a dream last night that you and I were shopping in Las Vegas and you wanted to spend $2000 on a giant oil painting of a beer keg. I convinced you that it was obviously a print reproduction and you would be better served to buy the original for $10,000.

I believe this shows that I always have your best interests at heart. I also believe that this is a sign that you will be having a party soon. We would be delighted to attend!

I have nothing planned this afternoon if you would like to join me for tea.

Kind Regards,
Miss. Christina



I write back ~

Dear Friend,

Your dream from the past night not only reveals a party on the horizon but that you do in fact look out for my best interest. I am overwhelmed with gratitude that I am in your foremost thoughts. With that being said you will indeed be formally invited to a future social affair, and as you previously declared I can count on your attendance.

As for tea this afternoon - I would be delighted to attend, please advise of a time that is fitting.

Wholeheartedly yours,
Miss. JoAnna



Miss Christina writes ~

Great Joy! Such a fortuitous day is this that I may partake of your delightful company and insightful conversation. I will be awaiting your arrival at your leisure twixt the hours of 1 and 3 this very afternoon.

Might I be so bold as to offer a selection of confections for your enjoyment along with the libations or will you be fasting in your endeavors to reduce the size of your considerable hiney?

Your Busom Friend,
Miss. Christina





Miss Christina and I did meet for a splendid cup of tea and glorious tète-à-tète.


Thank You Miss Christina ~ till next time.

Your friend,
Miss JoAnna



Rebuttal

As you know I posted a lively chat between my chum Miss Christina and myself about an invitation to tea the other day, well as it turns out Miss Christina was not the slightest bit joyful with the likeness I posted of her. I have since then received a rebuttal from Miss Christina as follows....

Dear Friend,


Am tickled to learn of the recent posting to your electronic publication, and was pleased to know that your friends and family found it humorous. What I do not find humorous is the ghastly tintype attached to said posting of my likeness in a somewhat unflattering manner.

Most upsetting is the depiction of my startling "bean-like" head perched atop a "too-large" body with bare untoned limbs exposed for all of cyberspace to giggle at.
In efforts to rectify the situation, and in lieu of retaining counsel, I have attached a more flattering image of myself to serve as a replacement. I hope this will please all involved.
Otherwise you may find a hefty dose of ex-lax in your next cup of tea be-atch.


Lovingly,
Miss. Christina


Attached to this email is "the more flattering" photo of Miss. Christina......









Save some chocolate for the rest us would ya! *wink *wink

Love you,

Miss JoAnna.

P.S On for tea next week?











No comments:

Post a Comment